Vice President Unit Trusts
The Vice President has responsibility for the relationship management of the Unit Trust Portfolio of clients, the leadership and management for the Unit Trust team, and such other responsibilities as Management shall from time to time determine.
- liaising with investment managers, deal arrangers, prime brokers, custodians, administrations, auditors, legal counsel, tax advisers, other services providers and government offices
- ensuring statutory filings with regulatory bodies is complied with
- onboarding new trusts in line with policies and procedures
- obtaining satisfactory due diligence on clients and service providers in liaison with the Compliance department
- responsibility for the billing of clients, management of accounts receivable and budgeting process
- overseeing maintenance of the Laserfiche and ViewPoint client database and to assist with the on-going task of maintaining the database's integrity
- coordinating and administrating the fund governance reviews on a bi-annual basis for the portfolio in line with CIMA’s Statement of Practice
- review of legal and transactional documents pertaining to the trusts
- terminating current trusts in line with policies and procedures
- being accessible outside of normal working hours to assist with client matters
- keeping abreast of all relevant laws and regulations such as, FATCA, CRS, trust law, mutual fund law, company law, corporate governance, anti-money laundering, data protection law, OECD BEPS initiative etc.
- assist with developing the U.T. business by contributing to the revenue growth of the team by accurately recording time and identifying opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell
- creating and executing appropriate strategies to deliver increased revenues from new and existing clients within the market we operate
- attending business seminars and networking with business partners
- travelling on business development trips and visiting existing and potential clients
- Supervise a team consisting from time to time of AVPs, ACROs, CROs, SCROs and CRMs
Do you have what our team needs?
- University Degree or equivalent internationally recognised professional qualification such as qualified chartered accountant, lawyer, STEP or ICSA with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience or previous experiencing working in the financial services industry/corporate and trust
- Solid knowledge of Trust structures with the ability to maintain awareness of local and international issues impacting the industry
- Ensures the proper discharge of Trustee’s duties
- Ability to assist in the oversight of projects including allocation of duties, provision of status updates to stakeholders, adherence to timeframe
Communicate clearly and objectively on work completed, reporting on client status, new business, client wins and losses
- Ability to lead, guide and develop your team with new skills and knowledge that will enhance their product and add value to the client service offering
- Adheres to deadlines and appointments; acts in accordance with organizational and quality standards; takes responsibility for the activities and actions of self and direct reports, establishes priorities, monitors progress and makes effective recommendations, whilst completing work in an efficient manner
- Monitors and meets the needs of customers, responding to them in a timely manner and continuously seeks to provide the highest quality service - ensuring client satisfaction; translates the client’s wishes into the organisations products and services. Able to effectively communicate departmental vision and goals with both internal and external customers
- Previous experience working within a managerial role within a professional services company
- Demonstrable knowledge of various types of corporate trust structures and understanding the difference between such
- Experience in understanding and reviewing transaction documents
- Experience in leading a team of professionals, including providing regular feedback on performance and identifying areas of achievement in addition to areas for development
- Experience in successfully working as part of a team
- communication skills, presentation and PowerPoint skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Experience with ViewPoint, Laserfiche and Aderant would be advantageous
Call to action
We have the local knowledge and on-the ground presence that our clients need to succeed.
Intertrust professionals have the drive and ability to get things done while applying high standards in their work. Join our team and interact with colleagues and clients from all over the world and become part of a diverse and international group.
If this position interests you, please apply directly via the ‘apply’ button, providing us with your CV and cover letter.
Deadline for applications is November 29th, 2019
Send an email