Senior V.P. Business Development
The Senior Vice President Business Developer builds and maintains strong relationships with prospects and existing (inter)national clients and intermediaries and acquires assignments from these (potential) clients as well as develops new business, in line with the Intertrust commercial strategy, in order to realize the commercial objectives of the organization and to increase market share.
Initiates improvement proposals focused on creating new business (e.g. new sales channels, new potential clients, new products/services etc.) and, after approval of the Managing/ Regional Director, implement and execute these proposals, taking into account tax-ruling and legislation and in line with internal guidelines and procedures, in order to contribute to optimising sales and market share
- Gives input and advice with regard to the development of the Business Development plan, in line with internal procedures and guidelines and taking into account tax-ruling and legislation, in order to contribute to giving guidance to the objectives and activities of the organization
- Keeps up with movements of competitors, developments and trends as well as client demands in the market, taking into account the current product/service portfolio and (commercial) interests of Intertrust, in order to gain optimal insights in (developments in) the market and identify business development opportunities.
- Executes sales conversation with new as well as existing clients/intermediaries within the strategic target group and negotiates on and acquires contracts with these parties, in line with the business development plan, in order to maintain and increase market share and realize the sales objectives.
- Initiates, builds and maintains relationships with intermediaries and other relevant (market) parties, taking into account the (commercial) interests of Intertrust, in order to generate leads and prospects as well as to realize a strong positioning of Intertrust in the market.
- Supports intermediaries in finding optimal tax-structures for clients as well as sets up and adapts offers for clients, in cooperation with the Legal, Tax and Compliance Officers and in line with tax-ruling and legislation, in order to realize optimal customized trust structures as well as ensure that prospects become clients.
- Ensures the timely transfer and availability of market and specific client knowledge to other Business Developers, Relationship Managers and / or Client Services Teams, in line with internal guidelines and procedures, in order to support them in executing their (commercial) activities as well as to increase their professional knowledge level.
- Identifies opportunities for cross-selling and coordinates this within the teams, in line with Business Development guidelines, in order to contribute to the increase in revenue and to more integrated servicing and broader positioning of Intertrust.
- Ensures, in cooperation with the Managing / Regional Director, allocation of the acquired assignments to appropriate Relationship Managers and / or Client Services Team and monitors the initial follow-up after the transfer, in line with internal procedures and guidelines, in order to ensure optimal client services and satisfaction levels as well as to realise strong long-term client relationships.
- Works together with other Intertrust offices worldwide on cross-border marketing and client event initiatives.
Management information and reporting
- Provides information to and reports to the Managing / Regional Director, in line with internal (reporting) guidelines and procedures, in order to provide complete and trustworthy insights into business development progress as well as to enable the Managing / Regional Director to make well-considered (fact-based) commercial decisions.
Do you have what our clients want?
- University degree in Tax, Law or Business Studies with a minimum of 5 years’ direct relevant experience in the trust industry
- Minimum 5 years in proven sales/business development role
- Industry knowledge in regard to tax ruling and legislation with an understanding of corporate governance, risk management, relevant local regulations and best practices
- Exceptional relationship management skills with a track record in successfully developing new business
- An existing network of industry clients and contacts
- Must be self motivated and commercially self driven
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to audit and analyze data
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
Call to action
We have the local knowledge and on-the ground presence that our clients need to succeed.
Intertrust professionals have the drive and ability to get things done while applying high standards in their work. Join our team and interact with colleagues from all over the world and become part of a diverse and international group.
If this position and our diverse company culture appeal to you, please press the ‘apply’ button.
Deadline for applications is January 24th, 2020
Send an email