Senior SQL DBA
If you are looking for a challenging IT career, and you like to work in an international and vibrant environment with access to training and expertise, this is the role for you. Intertrust Group IT is looking for an experienced Senior SQL DBA to be located in Amsterdam.
As a Senior SQL DBA, your key activities will be involvement in migrating as many SQL servers into our Cloud based Environment. You are a real data enthusiast with strong and relevant experience as a DBA, to bring the team and infra environment to the next level. You will bring new initiatives to the table and be responsible for the roll out of those. Giving push-back is something that comes natural and you are able to let others understand the reasons of your push back. If you are ready for your next step and willing to leave your footprint, this might be the job for you.
- Decommissioning Servers to save on both licensing and hosting costs.
- Consolidating Databases into Standards as defined by the DBA and Database Architecture teams.
- Maintain existing (intricate) SSIS Packages which are mission critical to maintain our SQL Server park.
- Support several custom made ETL processes (e.g. SQL Jobs / SSIS packages)
- Maintain highly visible systems, such as the backend of our new Portal software for clients.
- Create, maintain and advice standards for new systems together with the DBA & Architecture team.
- Migrate as many SQL Servers as possible into our Cloud based environments.
- Help us make this the best SQL Server & IT environment as humanly possible.
- Assess and approve Change Requests on their technical merits if the team lead is unavailable to do so.
- Provide backup for the team lead when they are unavailable.
Who are we looking for
- At least 5 years of experience (or equivalent applicable knowledge) with managing SQL server (2005 and up).
- Proficient knowledge and at least 1 year of working experience with SSIS maintenance and management jobs.
- Proficient experience with installing SQL server software. (2012 and up).
- Relevant Experience with migrations into cloud bases systems (Azure, Amazon, Managed Instance, Managed Database).
- Experience with PowerShell, eager to automate through PowerShell and SSIS.
- Good communicative skills! Candidates are expected to serve both internal clients, as well as communicate with vendors and other third-party providers.
- Independent mind set.
- Candidates will be asked technical questions regarding these subjects during the interview.
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms.
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including advice on hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Maintain the company’s database environment documentation, proactively improve ways to centrally control our SQL environment.
- Find ‘skeletons’ in the closet, pro-actively define trouble areas to prevent incidents.
What else is expected of you? You;
- Have basic knowledge of Active Directory Services, and computing principles in general.
- Support incident scenarios with SQL server, manage locking & blocking and proactively prevent incidents if run capacity is maxed out.
- Guide and facilitate communication with Cloud vendors during migrations, maintenance and incidents.
- Deploy Database change scripts and releases by third party vendors.
- Eager to learn new things and stay on top of the latest development with SQL Server.
- Experience with High Availability, Clustering and DR is a plus.
- Affinity or experience with financial services is a plus.
- To take decisions based on expertise when needed, instead of waiting for input.
What we stand for
- We are a passionate company looking for passionate personalities with a flexible mind-set;
- Our diverse range of international clients demand quality and integrity – we look for nothing less in our own people;
- We offer a culture of continuous improvement and seek people open to challenge others and be challenged in return;
- We are dedicated to helping our employees and our clients succeed;
- We are an international company that delivers to the highest international standards;
- We invest in long-term relationships with both our clients and our employees;
- We reciprocate your commitment to us both in remuneration as well as an active investment in your talent.
A pre-employment screening is part of the application process. An assessment might be part of the application process.
Working at Intertrust means entering a dynamic, international and growth-oriented company. We provide you with outstanding opportunities for your professional and personal development through our local and global Intertrust Academies. Our International Mobility program enables talented employees to gain working experience abroad. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
About Intertrust Group
Every working day at Intertrust offers new challenges and opportunities in a dynamic environment. Intertrust professionals have the drive and ability to get things done while applying high standards in their work. You will meet and cooperate with colleagues and clients from all over the world and become part of a diverse and international group.