Senior Investment Risk Analyst
Senior Investment Risk Analyst
Intertrust AIFM Ireland
Intertrust is a global leader in providing expert administrative services to clients operating and investing in the international business environment. The Company has more than 2,500 employees in Europe, the Americas, Asia and the Middle-East. Intertrust delivers high-quality, tailored corporate, fund, capital market and private wealth services to its clients, with a view to building long-term relationships. The Company works with global law firms and accountancy firms, multinational corporations, financial institutions, fund managers, high net worth individuals and family offices
Our office in Ireland was established in 2009 and has rapidly grown since then to a team of over 100 professionals engaged in the delivery of a comprehensive range of services which are uniquely tailored to client requirements.
In line with our rapid expansion and growth objectives, we are now looking to recruit highly motivated individuals to join our AIFM Team. We offer third party AIFM services to EU, US and Asian based investment managers for illiquid, alternative assets. Our services include National Private Placement Registration, Regulatory reporting and Designated Persons services.
The Senior Investment Risk Analyst reports directly to the Head of Risk AIFM Ireland. The main purpose of this role is to support the Head of Risk in the investment and operational risk oversight of the AIFM and the AIFs under management.
This is an opportunity to be part of the development of the risk function and to contribute to its expansion and strategic growth. The person will lead the risk monitoring of the AIFs under management on a day to day basis and contribute to the risk monitoring processes and risk control framework in the AIFM, coordinating and involving both internal and external stakeholders where required.
The Senior Investment Risk Analyst will support business development and strategy development for the AIFM, representing our risk oversight capabilities to clients, business partners and the wider Intertrust Group. He/she will develop sound relationships with the Global Sales team, Global Marketing team and the Funds Service line team, in order to fully understand the AIFM service offering, regulatory and investment asset class parameters.
As Senior Risk Analyst, your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Oversee and conduct direct monitoring and portfolio analysis of the AIFs under management;
- Monitoring of the portfolios to ensure that they are compliant with objectives, strategy and risk limits of alternate investment funds under management;
- Investment, Derivative and Operational risk analysis & monitoring;
- Management of the resolution of any identified breaches;
- Responsible for our adherence to regulatory and legislative requirements such as CP86.
- Preparing detailed risk assessment reports
- Completing a detailed review of legal documents, audited financials and policies and procedures related to the operations of prospective and existing funds to highlight any inconsistencies with investment objectives and risk limits.
- Development and maintenance of processes and procedures
- Assist with the monitoring, interpretation and analysis of existing and prospective legislation, guidance or regulations which may impact on the AIFM’s business and/or clients;
- Act as the Relationship Manager for a portfolio of clients;
- Support the commercial strategy of the AIFM
- Assist with the management of projects from the initiation and planning stages through execution and completion; and
- Support the business in responding to client needs on an ongoing basis.
Required knowledge and experience
We are looking for individuals who have:
- Degree level with relevant recognized qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CFA), or equivalent years-served in industry with a post-qualification in risk or investments;
- Detailed knowledge of market risk methodologies, pricing and accounting practices;
- Experience with leverage and stress testing would be an advantage;
- An understanding of operational risk processes;
- Understanding of process, risk and control management and assessment techniques and how they can be applied to deliver outcomes for clients, regulators and the AIFM;
- Familiarity with different investment strategies and operational set ups employed in the alternative asset class
- A proven ability to combine initiative with team working
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication;
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong personal integrity and the ability to demonstrate this in a collegiate and challenging environment.
Please send CVs to:-