Senior Compliance Analyst
The Senior Compliance Analyst will support the Business to conduct necessary due diligence (“CDD”) tasks as mandated by Group including compliance with local regulatory and legislative requirements. The Senior Compliance Analyst will assist in ensuring that the statutory compliance of the Intertrusts clients is maintained and that exceptional service is delivered to such clients to ensure Intertrust Cayman is fulfilling its legal and regulatory obligations. This position will involve frequent communication with the Business and liaison with Senior Management, governmental/regulatory bodies, service providers and attorneys
- Ensure timely clearance of all new proposed transactions in addition to new applicants for business in line with Intertrust policies, procedures and client service standards;
- Conduct detailed research to confirm the regulatory status of companies and individuals for all new Applicants for Business and other related parties including beneficial owners and controllers;
- Ensure that appropriate CDD, including detailed business purpose, is received for all new and existing client entities and all other related parties, including beneficial owners and controllers;
- Ensure the accuracy of client details by timely maintenance of the client database;
- Monitor and regularly pursue any outstanding CDD, reporting on such to the Business Unit and Compliance Director, through to receipt;
- Ensure that all relevant CDD sourced via internet research and received from clients and intermediaries is stored in the compliance document management system, including appropriate notes and approvals;
- Create and maintain individual and entity files for Intertrust client entities where appropriate in establishing the ownership and control structure in the database;
- Conduct regular reviews of the client database to ensure there is no adverse information in the public domain or any potential matches to sanctions, reporting any adverse information to both the Compliance and Business Unit Director;
- Re-enforce Business Unit compliance with the assigned file review budget and conduct testing on 5% of complete file reviews
- Prepare monthly management information for Senior Management;
- Continually maintain and improve skills and knowledge by attending mandatory external and in-house training sessions;
- To assist with ad hoc projects as requested by the Senior Management.
- To assist with the on-going task of maintaining the integrity of the ViewPoint database and to support the mining, analysis and presentation of data, including:
- completing data entry in ViewPoint database on an on-going, ad hoc and project basis
- preparing, distributing, consolidating and summarising exception reports
- identifying drivers in data corruption
- developing systems to improve data integrity
- To assist with the supervision of a team, including:
- carrying out audits and reviews in relation to team members' data entry and overseeing the resolution of any issues identified thereby
- providing support and guidance to team members on complex issues
- supervising and/or mentoring team members and interns
- setting goals and objectives for team members in conjunction with Business Support Manager or Management and liaising with Business Support Manager or Management in relation to performance issues
- coordinating scheduled leave, managing unscheduled absences and monitoring timekeeping for team members
- Being accessible outside of normal working hours to assist with client matters;
- To share best practices with team members to contribute to the review of policies and procedures
- To promote and foster a culture focused on the impeccable delivery of compliance administration services.
Do you have what our clients want?
- Graduate degree and/or AML/CTF specific training
- Minimum of 5 years of compliance administration related experience
- Commercially driven, to work in fast paced and dynamic environment
- Self-motivated, can work well both independently and in a team
- Focus on client service and delivery with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of relevant local regulations and best practices
- Detailed understanding of corporate governance
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of ViewPoint and Laserfische software highly desirable
Call to action
We have the local knowledge and on-the ground presence that our clients need to succeed.
Intertrust professionals have the drive and ability to get things done while applying high standards in their work. Join our team and interact with colleagues and clients from all over the world and become part of a diverse and international group.
If this position and our diverse company culture appeal to you, please press the ‘apply’ button.
Deadline for applications is November 29th, 2019
Send an email