The Capital Markets Team ensures that ongoing statutory, legal and transactional/contractual obligations are fulfilled in respect of approx. 600 UK registered companies (Special Purpose Vehicles, “SPVs”) used in about 250 transactions.
Each manager is responsible for managing, monitoring and completing the governance, compliance and corporate services obligations of their individual portfolio of SPV’s (typically 100-120 SPV’s). In addition, the team liaises with the overseas offices and maintains the corporate database entries, and handles registered office and usual corporate administration duties as a back-up team.
The candidate, either a qualified chartered secretary, governance professional or finalist, will have good experience in providing excellent client service in the face of tight deadlines, achieved either in a trust company, professional practice or large secretariat.
Whilst a solid technical background is imperative, personality and character are also critical components of the role. The candidate should be highly organised, resourceful, and calm under pressure with a professional demeanour. As the role requires direct liaison with clients and directors, a diplomatic and flexible approach is of importance. The role requires planning and strict adherence to deadlines, and the ideal candidate will excel in providing accurate and timely delivery supported by evidence of planning and time management.
It is essential that the successful candidate can work well on their own and manage their SPV portfolio, whilst sharing the work practices and procedures of the Team and the Company. The candidate will need to be able to work in an environment that is fast-paced at times, and be able to focus on multiple scenarios and tasks simultaneously.
Ongoing Compliance management – existing transactions
- Taking responsibility for portfolio of transactions/SPVs and relationships
- Managing, monitoring and actioning of statutory and transaction obligations of securitisation and structured finance deals and client groups
- Setting-up, reviewing and re-arranging company statutory registers and updating be-spoke database records for critical dates, procedures and contact details;
- Liaising with external/internal parties to ensure fulfilling all statutory and transaction obligations of managed SPVs, to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Reviewing, commenting and ensuring diligent inclusion of comments and correct information in the financial statements of the SPVs and arranging for timely signing off
- Preparing of minutes, certificates, agreements and other documentation required to be prepared in our role as corporate administrator. (Transactional Services)
- Ensuring compliance with transactional routines and obligations in terms of the activities of the SPVs
- Attending company meetings and meetings with external parties as and when required
- Liaising with Intertrust’s overseas entities to ensure accuracy of data
- Providing registered office services
- Proactively keep up to date with current industry issues
- Winding-up and liquidation of SPVs (due diligence, assisting liquidators, close bank accounts, cancel registrations, arrange dividends and distributions etc.).
- Arranging for and supervising Share Trust compliance and terminations in relation to own portfolio.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
The candidate will need to demonstrate the desire to provide excellent client service in the face of conflicting demands and tight reporting deadlines.
- ICSA Qualified or finalist
- Time management, organisational ability, diligence & accuracy and the ability to manage a demanding workload
- 5 years relevant experience in administering and providing company secretarial management to U.K. legal entities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to continuously improve and streamline processes to make a meaningful contribution to the company’s performance
- Ability to work independently, and to work effectively as part of a team
Send an email