Fund Services Assistant Manager
St. Peter Port
An accountant (qualified, part qualified or qualified by experience), required to assist with all aspects of client accounting, the planning and production of annual and other periodic financial statements, maintenance of ledgers and general control of financial records and to provide support to the administration team and management for a diverse portfolio of Funds and related client entities. Working as part of a local accounting team, this varied role requires provision of full accounting services to the department’s Fund client base comprising Collective Investment Schemes, GFSC Licensed Managers, Limited Partnerships and related investment and property holding, finance and other SPVs. Certain of the Investment Schemes have listings on recognised stock exchanges such as TISE and AIM.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Working as part of a local team of accountants, preparation of financial statements for Companies, Groups and Partnerships in accordance with agreed timetables. The successful candidate will have experience in all aspects of drafting financial statements for investment funds and related entities in accordance with UK and International Accounting Standards. Working closely with the administration and bookkeeping team, financial statements are prepared from the general ledger primarily maintained on Investran or Microsoft Viewpoint, or from financial information maintained externally.
• To project manage client audits, by working directly with auditors, investment and other advisors, the administration and company secretarial teams and company management to deliver audited financial statements within client and regulatory deadlines. This will include obtaining, collating and reviewing client documentation to provide to the auditors and the Fund Accounting Manager to support all disclosures within the financial statements.
• Maintenance of client ledgers and full bookkeeping of transactions on Investran and Viewpoint and other accounting systems as required, review of bookkeeping undertaken by colleagues and provision of associated bookkeeping advice and training, and general liaison with the Administration and Company Secretarial teams in respect of sharing and monitoring transaction information.
• To attend financial statement review and approval board meetings and to be available to present information for review by the Fund’s directors or other parties, and to deal with queries arising on the financial information.
• To provide assistance and review in respect of bank reconciliations for all relevant bank accounts on a monthly basis, or other basis as required.
• Preparation or assisting colleagues on their preparation of other financial documents according to client requirements, including;
- scheme valuations,
- capital statements,
- distribution schedules,
- commitment drawdowns/share issue and redemption calculations
- income schedules,
- cash flows,
- solvency reviews,
- capital adequacy computations,
- carried interest computations,
- other ad hoc information as necessary.
• Liaison with relevant contacts either directly or via the Administration team to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial information in our records, including Company Secretarial team, management team, client contacts including directors, tax advisers, legal advisers, investment managers, valuers etc.
• Assist in collation of financial information required for board meetings within timescales requested.
• To participate in team meetings and to provide feedback in respect of its operations.
• To deputise for other members of the team in periods of absence.
• To provide assistance and advice to members of the department in respect of bookkeeping being carried out by others.
• To maintain a level of technical awareness of ongoing and new accounting standards and regulatory reporting obligations, to include UK and International Accounting Standards, the requirements of TISE, LSE and AIM in respect of listed entities and local regulatory requirements as set out by the GFSC.
• To ensure that the Intertrust internal prevention of anti money laundering and terrorist financing procedures and policies are complied with and be familiar with those written policies and procedures.
• Such other duties as the manager and directors may at times reasonably require.
Send an email