Senior Compliance Officer
Amsterdam | Operations
Our compliance department is expanding and we are looking for a new colleague on senior level. As a Senior Compliance Officer you are the “second line of defense” in ensuring that the business of Intertrust Netherlands complies with applicable laws, regulations, supervisory requirements, internal policies and procedures through internal controls and actions. The ultimate objective is to provide assurance to management and protect the Group’s good name and reputation.
- Monitoring activities on various subjects, including client files and transaction monitoring;
- Client acceptance advice;
- Ensuring that Group policies and procedures are implemented in line with Dutch laws and regulations;
- Preparation of reports on the compliance with policies and procedures;
- Liaising with colleagues within the Group on various compliance related subjects;
- Consultation with the Money Laundering Reporting Officer on unusual transactions;
- Set up and provide compliance related training and answering questions;
- Consultation with compliance departments of other trust offices;
- Compiling compliance related information in various IT-applications;
- Assisting the Compliance Director on various projects.
Who we are looking for
This role would suit a Senior Compliance Officer with a legal or economic background, preferably with experience in the financial services industry and who is sensitive to what is happening in the organization. Candidates should be self-motivated, proactive and possess strong communication, organizational and presentation skills. You are able to set standards and work on compliance policies. An HQ-certification, or the willingness to apply for this certificate, would be welcome. Furthermore, we are looking for a candidate:
- With a Master’s degree;
- With a minimum of +5 years of relevant experience;
- Who is familiar with compliance systems and procedures;
- Who has strong organisational skills and excellent writing skills;
- With a good command of both written and spoken English and Dutch;
- Who is pro-active and keen in stakeholder management;
- Who is able to adapt to new challenges and with excellent communication skills.
What do we stand for
- We are a passionate company looking for passionate personalities with a flexible mindset.
- Our diverse range of international clients demand quality and integrity – we look for nothing less in our own people.
- We offer a culture of continuous improvement and seek people open to challenge others and be challenged in return.
- We are dedicated to helping our employees and our clients succeed
- We are an international company that delivers to the highest international standards.
- We invest in long-term relationships with both our clients and our employees.
- We reciprocate your commitment to us both in remuneration as well as an active investment in your talent.
Integrity sensitive position
- The position of Compliance Officer is considered a integrity sensitive position within Intertrust.
- A pre-employment screening and assessment are part of the application process.