Associate Director - Capital Markets - New York
The Capital Markets division serves clients who are executing a wide variety of debt-related transactions including structured finance transactions, asset acquisitions and disposals, secured debt issuance, securitisations, and restructurings. Due to continued growth, an opportunity has arisen for an Associated Director to join the Capital Markets Business Development Team.
- Motivate the Capital Markets Administration team in delivering service and support to our clients and the company
- Contribute written collateral and digital content to raise the content of the service line and business
- Liase with attorneys, arrangers, collateral managers, prime brokers and other financial service providers located in various locations around the globe
- Review and assess potential new business including a detailed review of all related transaction documents and the preparation of fee proposals
- Identify key risk areas, ensure regulations are adhered to and provide guidance regarding the ever changing regulatory rules
- Ensure best principles of Capital markets administration for the company and its clients
- Contribute to, and assist in the preparation of annual and long term business plans
- Willingness to travel to market the business
- Develop sales and marketing plans
- Pitch books and individual plans
- Manage an existing portfolio of client and intermediary relationships in accordance with client account plans and strategies; act as relationship manager across jurisdiction and service lines
- Actively identify and develop new client and intermediary relationships in accordance with such plans and strategies
- Follow and understand key developments in the capital markets and the implications of such developments for Intertrust’s clients with a view of identifying business opportunities
- Work with clients and intermediaries to understand the requirements of new transactions and to develop bespoke quotations that are appropriately priced and adequately mitigate the risks involved
- Undertake preliminary assessment in accordance with the company risk policies and adequately mitigate the risks involved
- Produce presentations, reports, and pitch books that are tailored to clients
- Actively support the Head of UK Capital Markets towards achieving sales and performance targets for the business
- Work with the operational teams to ensure a smooth handover of new business, and to help resolve any client concerns regarding any existing services provided
- Ensure that the CRM database is kept up to date with account information, contact information, meetings, call reports, and mandate opportunities
- Actively plan, host and participate in and assist with any marketing initiatives whether conferences, seminars, sporting events, digital content, etc.
Do you have what our clients want?
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate at least five years of professional experience in a similar business development or sales role related to capital markets and have a solid understanding of structured finance
- Established portfolio of clients /contacts
- University Degree in Business/Finance preferred
- Enjoyment of a sales/origination role, strong desire to achieve and a demonstrable track record in originating sales in financial services market
- Excellent knowledge of securitisation and other forms of structured debt transactions and secured lending arrangements
- Wide network of existing contacts among participants in the debt capital markets (issuers/sponsors, law firms, arrangers, etc.)
- Service-minded with high personal standards of work, and a detail-oriented personality
- Strong level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills, with approachable personality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a demanding workload
- Must be commercially driven , self motivated and focused on client service and delivery
- Proven track record of successful sales history and hitting sales targets
Call to action
We have the local knowledge and on-the ground presence that our clients need to succeed.
Intertrust professionals have the drive and ability to get things done while applying high standards in their work. Join our team and interact with colleagues from all over the world and become part of a diverse and international group.
If this position and our diverse company culture appeal to you, please apply directly via the ‘apply’ button, providing us with your resume and cover letter.
Send an email